Whether you are new to the greywater scene or you have installed one or more systems already,
we have workshops to get you more involved in the water conservation community.
Laundry-to-Landscape Installation Workshop | Train the Trainer Workshops
What can I expect to get from a laundry-to-landscape weekend installation workshop?
This class will prepare you to install a simple, cost-effective laundry-to-landscape greywater irrigation system at your own home.
During the class you will:
- Gain hands-on experience with parts and equipment needed to build your system
- Learn about code-compliant system design
- Get help figuring out how much greywater your household generates
- Learn which plants in your existing landscape are suited to greywater irrigation
- Install a laundry-to-landscape system at your home! (Or another home in your community)
If you are a customer of one of the water utilities sponsoring the program, you may receive a free laundry-to-landscape installation kit upon completion of the workshop.
Weekend Workshop Agenda
DAY 1 – Saturday – Classroom Instruction Day – 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Laundry-to-Landscape System Overview [10:00 am – 12:00 pm]
- Code Requirements
- Greywater compatible products and plants
- Parts identification hands-on activity
- Review of parts needed and where to purchase them.
Lunch [12:00 – 12:30 pm] Bring your own!
Design Your System [12:30 – 2:00 pm]
- Calculating irrigation field size and plant water requirements
- Mulch basin construction
- Drawing out your system layout and design
- Hands-on practice with tools
- Maintaining your greywater system
- For residents of sponsoring water utilities, we will distribute laundry-to-landscape greywater installation kit materials at the end of the day.
DAY 2 – Sunday – Installation Day
Install your greywater system with help from Central Coast Greywater Alliance volunteer, workshop participants, friends and family.
Gain hands-on experience installing a system at another workshop participant’s home.